About Quatro Plus
QUATRO Plus is a two year follow-on project to QUATRO which started in October 2007. QUATRO Plus aims to build on the success of the original project which developed a universal machine-readable labelling platform by:
- Improving the existing technologies by making the communication processes more secure and robust and increasing the functionalities of the existing LADI and ViQ tools
- Allowing end users to record and share their agreement or disagreement (opinions) with a label’s description
- Enabling end users to create their own labels to share with friends and associates
- Aggregating all available user-generated labels and opinions (without attribution) into an open source of data
- Developing simple to use tools for label creation
- Proving the benefits and potential of authenticated machine-readable labels to a variety of commercial interests across Europe including trustmark operators, awards bodies, portals, search engines and software manufacturers.